Who is Melissa Odabash?
Former swimwear model Melissa Odabash is a London-based swimwear and beachwear designer who launched her own Melissa Odabash brand. She is internationally recognised and has made her name in the swimwear fashion industry.
Born and raised in the United States, Melissa Odabash started her fashion career as a swimwear model in Italy.
Her calling for swimwear design all started from her eye for fashion and natural flair for designing bikinis and swimwear.
In her early career, she began to showcase and trade her swimwear designs in Milan at various boutiques. She grew her business by knocking on doors, and building relationships with customers.
Soon, her swimwear collection landed on the front covers of award-winning fashion magazines, including Vogue, Instyle, Elle, Tatler and Harper’s Bazaar.
Melissa Odabash’s collection is available in 62 countries and over 500 department stores, boutiques and resorts.
Her signature zebra print bikini became the most sold product in the 1998 Victoria’s Secret catalogue.
Who is Melissa's swimwear designed for?Melissa Odabash’s Collection is popular with many A-listers for its luxurious and holiday lifestyle vibe.
Melissa Odabash in Positano, Italy
What are Melissa’s bikini and swimwear collections like?
- Melissa Odabash’s collection is for anyone who loves designer swimwear, fine detail and clean design.
- So, why not compliment your Melissa Odabash swimwear with a stylish beach hat or exotic print kaftan.
- Her signature style is high quality, timeless and casually elegant.
- Her pieces focus on stunning fabrics and perfect fit. Melissa Odabash invests time in choosing the highest quality fabrics for the lining and swimsuits.
Does Melissa Odabash run small?
- According to Melissa Odabash’s size guide, her swimwear and bikinis collection run from XXS to XL or sizes 6 to 18.
- The guide also has size conversions for Italy, US, France and Japan.
- Her two-piece and bikini collections are perfect-fitting and considered some of the most flattering and long-lasting around.
- Her bikini bottoms sit comfortably just below the hips.
- Melissa Odabash advises her fans not to overestimate, underestimate or make compromises on their bikini sizes. ‘If they are a size 10, buy size 10 not 8’, she says.
- All of her designs and collections were crafted specifically to be fitted.
- A little fun fact is that Melissa Odabash tries on every single piece of her collections, so she can give immediate feedback on what she feels needs adjusting from a size perspective. It gives a personal touch knowing the designer is getting the size right from experience.
How do Melisssa Odabash’s bikinis fit?From her time as a swimwear model, Melissa understands what types of bikinis and swimwear pieces work and which do not. Melissa believes that many women are unclear on what swimwear is the best for their bodies.
Melissa Odabash 2021 Collection - Santa Fe Bikini Cheetah